Pages

Saturday, August 12, 2017

A Little Thought About Music

Wow, it's certainly been awhile since I've updated this. My brain got to working on a thought this morning that I was going to make a Facebook post, but as the post grew longer, I thought maybe a blog post would fit better. Once again, here's hoping I can use this space more often.

I''ve got a shuffle of my Pandora stations playing on my Echo this morning and I realized something. Everyone that knows me pretty much knows I have a eclectic taste in the music I listen to. As I bounce between KISS, the Wicked soundtrack, Jimmy Buffet, Brett Eldridge, One Direction, Bon Jovi, Jake Owen, etc. I thought about how music genres have changed over the decades.

What was considered "pop" music when I was in high school is nothing like what is considered "pop" now. Same goes for the "rock" and "country" genres. In fact the country, rock, and pop I listed to in high school and college, is nothing like what my parents listened to. 

Do you ever wonder what would happen to music if genres never "morphed" to what the younger generation wanted to hear? Would certain genres just die out? We know new genres appear all the time, but the base ones stay....just change sound a bit. It doesn't mean that the music from the 60's, 70's, etc isn't good. It doesn't mean that the music from today is better. It's just different. And different is what makes us all who we are right?

I am blessed to have grown up with a love of music. I was exposed to all sorts of decades and genres of music and I know that is what has shaped my eclectic taste. 

I know I've passed it on to at least one of my children and maybe the other one just a bit.

Would love to hear your thoughts. 

Look for (hopefully) more posts on scrapbooking and sports. That seems to be my life (outside of my family).  I work for an amazing scrapbooking site and some amazing designers. And it is baseball, racing, AND football season. Keeps me busy. Maybe I'll throw in some cruise stuff too. 

Happy Saturday!!

No comments: